With us humans its never just about surviving; it is about thriving. To thrive, we require to successfully deal with the emotional and behavioural aspect of the challenges which we encounter in life on a day-to-day basis. Since everything that happens to us and around us is not entirely in our control, we sometimes need professional guidance and assistance to realize that we still have the power and the choice to minimize, if not eliminate, the intensity of the negative dysfunctional emotions that we experience. This is where Counselling and Psychotherapy Services come in.
Counselling and psychotherapy is a collaborative effort between the psychologist and the client(s). Together, they focus on dealing with emotional distress and behavioural issues. Typically, general development in life, distress, and mental disorders are the main areas addressed in these sessions. The following are some of the more specific areas that are also addressed:
- Stress and anger,
- Relationship conflicts,
- Marital abuse,
- Child sexual abuse,
- Sexuality and orientation, LGBT community and relationship counselling
- Grief & loss,
- Separation and divorce,
- Self-esteem issues,
- Impulse control and addiction issues ( in addiction issues therapy progresses in collaboration with a psychiatric help)
- HIV Counselling and Counselling for other terminal illnesses.
- Eating Disorders and more
ONLINE COUNSELLING: For clients from around the world seeking advice, coaching, mentorship, and life skills.
We also offer Corporate Counselling and Therapy Services for employees facing personal issues that are leading to challenges at work or with personal work habits. The following areas are also addressed.
- Work Stress Management
- Work-Life Balance
- Learning to take criticism and easily offended employees
- Assertive Communication
- Job Satisfaction
- Procrastination and ineffective habits
- Sexual harassment at work
- Education Consultancy and Counselling Services for individual issues faced in educational settings of schools and universities
- Anger and anxiety management for teachers
- Parent counselling
- Teenage sexuality and relationship counselling
- Motivational interventions
Modalities used: REBT (Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy), CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy), Narrative Therapy, and MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy).